30,000 point bonus offer on the Starwood Preferred Guest Personal and Business Versions – Back on May 30th, SPG and Amex rolled out a limited offer that was at first only available by referrals from an existing card holder. Then within a few days the offer went public and anybody could apply for the offer without a referral. However, I would still appreciate the opportunity to send you a referral as I do not have affiliate links. If you want a referral for the personal card please leave a comment or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you a referral and it will be much appreciated. If you prefer you can simply head on over to the public links: Personal SPG Card or the Business SPG Card.
This offer is the best you will see from SPG and comes generally once per year. I value Starpoints at a minimum of 2.5 cents per point. I just put my wife and kids up for a night at the local Sheraton due to me having to work all night until 5 am on work conference call from home. I knew that at 5 am I would be spent and not want to be disturbed until at least noon. So I used 3,000 Starpoints to reserve them a room which normally runs $149/night plus an upgrade to club level. So for that stay I managed a 4.967 cents per mile redemption! Not too shabby!
- Earn up to 30,000 Bonus points – 10,000 points awarded after 1st purchase and an additional 20,000 points awarded after spending $5,000 in the first 6 months
- Starpoints transfer to over 30 different airline partners
- $0 introductory annual fee for the 1st year – $65 per year after
- Receive up to 5 Starpoints for every dollar of eligible spend charged directly with Starwood hotels & resorts – that’s 2 Starpoints per dollar spent on the Card in addition to the Starpoints you get as a Starwood Preferred Guest member.
- 1 points per dollar on all other purchases
- 2 stay credits and 5 nights credit towards elite status