I was checking my AMEX accounts to see if I was lucky enough to be targeted for a $25 off Costco AMEX Sync offer being discussed over on Flyertalk when I found this. To my dismay I was not targeted on any of my accounts for the Costco deal 🙁 Too bad.. it would have made for a cheap membership. But on the bright side, I did find a new offer on two of my accounts that will come in really handy!
I already buy American Express gift cards every week in order to earn tons of miles and cash back so this just sweetens the pot! Between now and July 30th AMEX will provide a one-time $10 statement credit when you use your enrolled card to buy at least $200 worth of AMEX gift cards via www.americanexpress.com/gift-cards. Be sure to check your accounts to see if you were targeted for this offer.
If you are not familiar with AMEX Sync offers you need to check them out. There can be some pretty good deals. All you need to do is log in to your American Express account online, click Amex Offers For You (towards the bottom right), and then you can look through the list of offers available to you. When you find a deal you want you need to make sure you select Save Offer to enroll your card.
If you plan on taking advantage of this offer remember to go through a shopping portal such as topcashback which is currently offering 3% cash back for the next 2 days.
Things you should know about buying Amex gift cards:
- American Express is infamous for declining gift card purchases if the info you enter does not match your credit card 100%. Literally I have had orders denied because I listed a different email address in my order than what I had on my credit card so make sure every piece of information matches.
- Purchase limit is $5,000 per person within a 14 day rolling period for personal gift cards.
- Business gift cards have a larger maximum of $75,000.
- If your order is denied they will still count it towards your $5,000 total limit! This is absolutely asinine but unfortunately it is true.
- Citibank is known to consider gift card purchases as a cash advance. DO NOT USE A CITI CARD!
- Take advantage of the 3 month free trial Amex offers for unlimited next day shipping to save money!
- You cannot set a PIN for Amex gift cards so you will have to liquidate them by making purchases. An easy liquidation option is to go to giftcardmall.com and purchase Visa gift cards which can be liquidated via Bluebird.