Everyone is running Christmas promotions on their shopping portals. United just recently released an offer of 500 bonus miles for every $250 in spending up to 2,500 bonus miles.
It appears American Airlines did not want to be outdone. I am not sure if this is targeted or not, so you will need to check your account but here is the link. But American just released an offer for their shopping portal as well.
The AA offer is a lot easier to max out than the United offer. American set up a tiered offer awarding 750 miles for spending $75, 1,500 miles for spending $150, or 2,500 bonus miles for spending $250 during the promo period.
- Promo period is 11/12/13 through 12/02/13 11:59 PM EST
- Spend a cumulative amount of $75-149.99 to earn 750 miles
- Spend a cumulative amount of $150 – $249.99 to earn 1,500 bonus miles
- Spend a cumulative amount of $250 or more to earn 2,500 bonus miles
- Returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus
- Allow 8-10 weeks from end of promotional period for bonus miles to post to your account
I have a hard time getting started shopping for Christmas this early but it is hard to pass up all the promotions when it is something that will eventually have to be done. I hate shopping so I do everything online anyway, might as well get some more miles out of it!