Back at the beginning of May, I highlighted Marriott’s new business credit card. Previously the higher end Marriott Rewards Premier card was only available as a personal card leaving only the lower level basic Marriott card available in a business version
When the MR Premier Business card rolled out back then it only offered a sign up bonus of 50,000 points after $1,000 spending and I suggested holding off as there would likely be a higher 70,000 or even 80,000 point offer coming out soon.
Well it looks like I was right. There is now a LIMITED TIME OFFER awarding 70,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. In addition to the points, you will also receive a free night voucher right out of the gate valid at most any category 1-4 property.
70,000 points could get you as many as 10 free nights if you redeem them all at category 1 hotels. This could be great if you are like me you can get huge value out of this. When I have the wife and 4 kids all with me I am more concerned about a hotel with free breakfast than most other amenities. Many of the lower end Marriott’s have a free breakfast making this valuable to me. When it is just the wife and I then I’m a little more inclined to splurge on a more aspiration property.
Combine this with the 70,000 point offer on the personal Marriott Rewards Premier credit card and you could be sitting pretty good for a while.
Get 70,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 on purchasesin the first 3 months from account opening
1 Free Night stay at a category 1-4 location after account approval
- Annual Free night in a category 1-5 property after anniversary
- $99 annual fee Waived the 1st year!
- 15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary
- 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent
- 5 points for every $1 spent at over 3,800 Marriott® locations, including our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton
- 2 points per $1 spent at restaurants, car rental agencies and on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, PLUS at office supply stores, and for Internet, cable and phone service purchases
- 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else