From the chatter on Flyertalk, it looks like the Marriott Rewards Premier Visa 70,000 sign-up bonus appears to be available again. This is the highest offer that Marriott comes out with and they seem to offer it about once or twice a year. The last time I remember seeing this offer publicly available was last July. This time around the offer has changed only slightly requiring a $1,000 minimum spend w/in the 1st 3 months of account opening.
- 70,000 bonus points after spending $1k in 3 months
- 1 Free Night E-Certificate for a category 1-4 hotel upon approval
- 15 nights credit towards elite status which is enough for automatic Silver Status
- Free category 1-5 night stay annually at anniversary
- Earn 5 points/dollar @ Marriott
- Earn 2 points/dollar on airline tickets, car rentals, & restaurants (see terms)
- Annual fee WAIVED 1st year then $85 annually
The 70,000 points is enough for at least 2 nights at any of the Marriott properties in Hawaii (with the exception of the Ritz-Carlton) or could be worth as many as 9 nights if you stay in category 1 hotels.
From the sound of it this offer is technically expired but appears to be working for several people who have reported success with it and have confirmed the bonus when they activated the card. The direct link appears to only work the first time you click it and can be found here. I tried the direct link at it worked for me but when I tried to go back using the link again it said it wasn’t available. As always, take a screen shot of the offer page for your records!
If that doesn’t work for you or if you need to do a second application check out FlyerTalk post 1096 from istroke who details directions on how you can make it work again.
Let me know how your luck goes or any other thoughts!