Last month was a long dry spell with no portals paying out any cash-back on American Express gift cards. Since the beginning of October they have been back on portals and I know many of you have gotten back in at the current 1.5% rates going on many of the portals including Topcashback and BeFrugal.
However, I also know several of you have been holding out for higher payouts and for today only you can get bit higher of a payout. Through the end of the day, BigCrumbs is offering a rate of 2% cash back on American Express gift cards.
BigCrumbs also offers a small percentage back for the person who refers you to BigCrumbs as well as the person who referred as well! So let’s say person A refers person B and then person B refers person C. Then person C goes and buys Amex gift cards via BigCrumbs they will earn 2% back but person A & person B will also receive a payout as well. In this case the referral is worth 0.175% to both person A & B.
So, will you be buying at 2% or you still holding out for higher? I personally am in anytime the payout is 1.5% or higher as it is pretty easy for me to liquidate the cards for 1.5% or less making the miles/points free or even a small profit. If you do not have a BigCrumbs account you can use my referral link and we will both come out ahead 🙂
Things you should know about buying Amex gift cards:
- American Express is infamous for declining gift card purchases if the info you enter does not match your credit card 100%. Literally I have had orders denied because I listed a different email address in my order than what I had on my credit card so make sure every piece of information matches.
- Purchase limit is $5,000 per person within a 14 day rolling period for personal gift cards.
- Business gift cards have a larger maximum of $75,000.
- If your order is denied they will still count it towards your $5,000 total limit! This is absolutely asinine but unfortunately it is true.
- Citibank is known to consider gift card purchases as a cash advance. DO NOT USE A CITI CARD!
- Take advantage of the 3 month free trial Amex offers for unlimited next day shipping to save money!
- You cannot set a PIN for Amex gift cards so you will have to liquidate them by making purchases.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days — that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
- 0% intro APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR currently 14.99% or 18.99%, depending on your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases – Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- Chip card for increased confidence and convenience to pay abroad as easily as you do at home
- Redeem your miles for travel statement credits – redemptions start at 2,500 miles for $25 toward travel purchases made in the last 120 days
- Get 10% miles back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem for travel statement credits
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers